Saturday, September 27, 2008

The perfect root beer float


Root beer is one of my favorite things. I love the complexity of flavors, the fizzyness and how it goes well with cheesesteaks, Thai food and of course, ice cream. We have a local restaurant (Doumar's) that makes the best root beer shakes...I literally have dreams about these shakes and now I have the tools to make the
best root beer float at home. It all starts with the best root beer. In my opinion, Weeping Radish Brewery makes the best root beer I have ever tasted. They actually brew the beer and the flavor is so clean and crisp it could almost make you weep. though this libation is wonderful on its own, a little vanilla ice cream makes it sing. Here are the pics to prove it. If you are ever in the Outer Banks of NC or in the Hampton Roads area, try and find this delicacy and you will understand what I mean. If your not in the area, hopefully these pics will make you salivate and remember hot summer days, being a kid and having one of the easiest and tastiest deserts on earth, the root beer float.

No comments: