Monday, July 20, 2009

Marsala mushroom burgers




J and I decided to make burgers on a warm Virginia evening and needing to use up mushrooms and bacon, I decided to make marsala mushrooms to top the burgers. These were the best burgers I have ever made and I hope you try the recipe too :-)


Meat:

1 lb Ground sirloin
1/2 chopped small sweet onion
2 tbls hoisin (chinese bbq sauce you can find in the Asian section)
1 tsp salt and pepper

*mix all ingredients to combine (make sure not to overwork the burger meat) make patties and dust w. a little more sn'p grill on high temp for aprox 3-5 min per side (depends on thickness and how done you want them to get).


Mushrooms:
1 whole container button mushrooms sliced
2 green onions chopped
1 tbls butter
2-3 tsp marsala or sherry
salt and pepper to taste

*saute butter until just melted, add mushrooms and let brown (don't season until they are brown or they will leech out too much liquid) add green onions and let soften. Deglaze the pan with marsala, cook out alcohol (about 1 min) then take off the heat and wait for the burgers.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


I like my burger done medium and I topped this burger with a garlic/mustard aioli I bought at Trader Joes, a little mayo (Hellman's), fresh tomatoes from Voula's garden, cheddar cheese, center cut bacon and dill pickles. Let me know if you try it/like it!

Julia

No comments: