Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another trip to Italy, via Oceanview :)

chicken artichoke pasta Marsala sauce


Wednesday night dinner was chicken in a marsala sauce with tarragon and artichokes. I recently discovered frozen artichokes and they are my new favorite frozen ingredient! Frozen artichokes have a much cleaner and fresher flavor then their canned or jarred cousins and though fresh artichokes are probably ideal, I personally find them to be too much of a pain to boil and prep! Also, at $2+ apiece, they are not affordable for my budget. Frozen artichoke hearts are only about $3.5 a box at my grocery store and have the equivalent of about 5 artichokes so I consider them to be a great purchase for the money.
The sauce was super easy to prepare...just seasoned the chicken breasts with granulated garlic, salt and pepper then sauteed them in a pan with some olive oil. I took the chicken out when it was almost done and added about 3/4 c of chicken stock and 1/2 c marsala to the pan. I let these reduce for about 5 minutes then added the artichokes and some fresh tarragon (parsley would have also worked great) and covered the pan so that the artichokes would heat through. To finish the sauce I added in the chicken to help it finish cooking then took the chicken and the artichokes out of the sauce, added a little butter and put the cooked linguine into the sauce (add some pasta water if the sauce gets too dry). I topped each plate with chicken, artichokes and a little fresh tarragon then finished the plates with grated parm.
ENJOY!

No comments: