Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pasta, salmon and salad....yum!

salmon salad pasta bechamel prosciutto














Tuesday night dinner was prob enough for 2 meals but since I wanted to make pasta and had some salmon I needed to use, I decided to make it one meal in 2 parts. Part 1: wild salmon marinated with tarragon and dijon over a tomato, feta and cucumber salad (tomatoes and cucumbers courtesy of T and D). The dressing was a simple evoo and red wine vinegar dressing with a little salt; simple but delicious


Part 2: Pesto ravioli with a prosciutto bechamel and a homemade tomato sauce. The ravioli I bought at FarmFresh and was really good. I especially loved the big chunks of pine nuts studded throughout the pasta. To the bechamel I added a little prosciutto I had sauteed in a little butter then deglazed the saute pan with chicken stock. I let this reduce then added the prosciutto and fond liquid to the bechamel...the fond liquid added a great flavor to the sauce and reminded me of a Caruso sauce without the mushrooms. This sauce is a classic in Uruguay (and perhaps Argentina) and was really delish. The tomato sauce was a classic tomato, garlic and basil sauce (recipe courtesy of my Italian friend LL). Finished the pasta with some fresh grated parmesiano regiano (the undisputed king of cheeses :) and since the meal was already so substantial, we didn't have bread to accompany. Hope you like the pics and that they inspire you to cook Italian tonight


J

No comments: