Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some sockeye...for your viewing pleasure :)

poached sockeye salmon with sauce



My local grocery store had some incredibly fresh sockeye salmon on sale for $9.99/lb and I couldn't resist buying some to make for dinner. I love salmon and this salmon was so perfect I decided to keep the preparation fairly simple. I poached it in a stock/wine mixture with a few aromatics (lemon, parsley, tarragon, dill and 2 bay leaves). I made a reduced cream and wine sauce with herbs for the finishing sauce. The fish was super moist, tender and flavorful. I also made sauteed haricots vert with onions and a little butter and we had baked yellow potatoes (I perfer these to russets because of their soft and almost creamy texture...they aren't as dry and flaky). The meal was easy, delicious and best of all, it didn't leave my house with a fishy smell. A winner all around! Here are the pics...

No comments: